Are you an experienced and licenced Tanker Driver who is available to operate out of our Elgas Grafton depot? The individual will be responsible for safe and efficient delivery of both domestic and commercial sites from Monday through to Friday with some weekend work required during peak periods. You may also be called upon to support the wider driver network during times of increased workload and leave periods.
This is a full time permanent opportunity and offers a Competitive Salary + Super. In addition, we will provide in-depth training and support, giving you the confidence to know that all the hard work you put in is backed up by a world class organisation.
Your duties will include;
• Operate and maintain an LPG distribution tanker in compliance with standards, regulations and Elgas policy
• Adhere to BFM regulations (including administrative requirements) and safe driving practices
• Complete daily and weekly inspections to ensure vehicles are always fit for service, clean and presentable, with all documentation and safety equipment up to date and in test.
• Timely delivery of paperwork and active co-operation and adherence with the Scheduler and Dispatcher
• Cooperation with branch staff in servicing customers, completion of work, flexibility of responding to demand, preparedness to work overtime and, contributing to a positive work place environment
• Reporting of site compliance issues / OOD cylinders and, conducting gas checks where required
• Ensuring all vehicle incidents are reported to the Transport Supervisor
• Be safety conscious and abide by all regulations associated with the position
• Liaising with customers in a professional manner at all times
The successful candidate will have;
• A minimum of 3 years driving experience operating a Heavy Rigid Vehicle– Must have Heavy Rigid (HR) Drivers licence
• Dangerous good licence covering class 2 (preferred)
• Provide clear driving history when submitting your application
• Previous experience working within a depot
• Strong Mechanical / Technical Aptitude
• General Maintenance experience
• Customer service experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Troubleshooting experience
Here at Elgas
We're local, with service centres around the country to ensure rapid supply and reliable delivery in virtually every area. Our customers get convenient 24/7 Online Services for orders, payments and account information.
Elgas offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for outstanding individuals, including the possibility of career advancement opportunities with BOC and the global Linde Group.
Elgas is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and men of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
We seek people who want to be part of a Team that is proud of its product, its people and wants to provide customers with the best service in the industry.
If being part of a highly motivated team and operating in an autonomous environment, where you have ownership, accountability and challenges, is important to you, then you're on the right track with Elgas.
'Put your energy to work at Elgas'
Applications close on 23rd January 2019, please put your application through so not to miss out on this opportunity.