General Manager, Elgas NZ
Job no: 497519
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: NZ - North
Due to retirement, a unique opportunity has presented itself for an exceptional individual to take on the role of General Manager for Elgas New Zealand. Reporting to the Head of Elgas, and as a member of the Elgas Senior Executive team, you will drive the LPG strategies and provide leadership for the performance, development and growth of the Elgas business in New Zealand.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
• To build an organisation which further develops LPG channels through the Elgas brand
• Implement pricing and marketing strategies to deliver profitable and continued growth in the region
• Drive the efficient, cost effective local operations to achieve an agreed level of customer service and safety.
• Prepare annual business plans and budgets aligned with corporate strategy
• Support the development and integration between BOC and Elgas in New Zealand Region capturing the benefits of an expanded product offering.
• Manage key customer relationships including personal contact and prompt resolution of customer complaints
• Develop and retain motivated employees to provide excellent customer service
• To ensure Elgas New Zealand places high priority on employee, customer and contractor safety and regulatory compliance at all times
The Successful Candidate
Your previous general management experience and ability to converse with people of all levels, together with your attention to detail and solution orientated approach, will be crucial. You will have a passion for business growth, a proven ability at introducing change, a thorough knowledge of business financials and a flair for getting the most from your team.
We are looking for an individual that has;
• Exceptional senior executive leadership credentials including strong Sales, Financial and SHEQ performance management
• Effective and inspirational leader and communicator
• Broad understanding of all aspects of the gas industry would be beneficial
• Capable organiser and planner, delivering outcomes
• Leverages diversity and maximises employee development for business benefit
Key Behaviours Required
• Change and process leadership
• Managing vision and purpose
• Customer Focus
• Sales and marketing understanding and focus
• Drive for results
• Builds effective teams
• Strategic agility
• Motivating others
• Developing direct reports and others for future strategic business staffing needs
• Minimum 5 years’ senior leadership level (General Management level).
• 15+ years broad experience in Gas or Petroleum Industry Operations would be ideal.
• Tertiary qualifications, preferably degree qualified, ideally Business, Engineering or related qualifications.
Elgas is a leading provider of LPG and related products, services and technical solutions in the South Pacific.
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
In return for your expertise, we can offer the successful applicant an excellent salary package and incentive scheme along with all the tools of the trade to help you be successful in this position.
To register your interest, please send a copy of your resume' in word format by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend