Market Development Manager - Strategy
Job no: 497397
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Management, Marketing
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Market Development Manager to join Elgas in North Ryde, to help drive continued growth in the residential and small commercial customer market place.
Reporting to the GM for Strategy & Business Development, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new value adding market opportunities, through existing and new customer base, through expansion of our existing energy solutions offering. You will be responsible for researching energy market trends, and evaluating the role of LPG as an energy source in a changing market environment. You will understand consumer energy buying trends, and recommend how Elgas can most effectively operate in this market segment.
This opportunity will allow you access into an organisation that will enable you to utilise your strong analytical and influencing ability and ultimately set you up on the road to your ideal career.
Your responsibilities will be to;
• Keep abreast of competing energy offers, including role of renewable products in servicing the residential and small to medium business customer base
• Understand the future trends for domestic appliance types used by residential customers
• Identify key OEM, trade allies, and other parties to work/partner with, to develop and commercialise a new offer to market
• Actively look to identify new energy market opportunities for commercialisation
• Work with equipment suppliers and installers to develop a successful offer to market
We are looking for an individual that has;
• A sound understanding of the energy market, including electricity and natural gas retailing, and the role of renewables in the energy mix
• Industry knowledge of solar and battery technology would be of value
• Ability to think creatively and demonstrate problem solving skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Superior written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Excellent leadership and consensus building ability
• Strong commercial, negotiation and business skills
• Highly refined influencing and change management capability
The Background and Qualifications:
• Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or similar discipline
• Demonstrated experience in the energy or related industry
• Experience in analysing and quantifying opportunities, developing and presenting compelling business cases
• High level of Market Development and implementation experience
• Previous experience of evaluating products then preparing and presenting comprehensive and robust business cases and plans
• Thorough understanding of product and project management principles and disciplines
• Demonstrated customer focus
Elgas is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and men of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
We are a leading provider of LPG and related products, services and technical solutions in the South Pacific.
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
In return for your expertise, we can offer the successful applicant an excellent salary package and incentive scheme along with all the tools of the trade to help you be successful in this position.
To register your interest, please send a copy of your resume' in word format by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend