Transport Operations Manager - Southern NSW
Job no: 497252
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Due to internal movement within Elgas, an exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Transport Operations Manager to join the team based at our Blacktown depot.
This opportunity will allow you access into an organisation that will enable you to utilise your strong analytical and influencing ability and ultimately set you up on the road to your ideal career.
In this critical role you will provide specific leadership and guidance to the Southern NSW region to ensure safety and financial target requirements are met and drivers and vehicles remain safe and compliant whilst meeting customer needs. Using your proven influencing skills, you will deliver formal processes for strategy implementation to ensure gas deliveries are maintained, contractors are sourced and monitored, training is provided and customer service is maintained at appropriate levels, while ensuring costs are controlled within budget.
Your responsibilities will be to;
• Manage transport and meet or improve vs. budgeted unit costs whilst meeting and exceeding industry and regulator safety and customer service standards.
• Maintain transport compliance to the Linde Transport Policies
• Ensure fleet maintenance is in line with the required plans for the region.
• Ensure that Fatigue Management systems are in place and are operating to meet regulatory expectations.
• Ensure all contractors and service providers have current agreements in place for the region
• Ensure training requirements are met for all employees and contractors.
• Ensure all incidents and near misses are reported and improvement actions agreed are completed.
• Deploy the Transport Safety Action Plan as directed from the Elgas strategy and the Transport Safety Management Plan.
• Improve profitability through bench-marking, reviewing operations to ensure best operating costs.
• Complete and submit a monthly report as per agreed timetable.
• Preparation, submission and approval of cost of sales budget in conjunction with other parties.
• Recruit, train, develop, motivate and organise people consistent with Elgas philosophies and goals.
• Renegotiate and monitor contractor agreements in conjunction with the Regional Manager and relevant National Managers.
• Provide transport leadership and direction.
We are looking for an individual that has;
• Extensive experience in transport management with detailed cost management
• Proven ability to manage multiple sites and influence a remote team
• Change management
• Computer literacy
• Excellent communications both written and verbal
• Negotiation and conflict resolution
Here at Elgas
Elgas is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and men of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
We are a leading provider of LPG and related products, services and technical solutions in the South Pacific.
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
In return for your expertise, we can offer the successful applicant an excellent salary package and incentive scheme along with all the tools of the trade to help you be successful in this position.
To register your interest, please send a copy of your resume' in word format by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend